Well over 200 people attended the launch of the artwork on Friday 25th May 2012 [we expected only 80].
Here are five short Youtube videos of the launch :
1. Rory Alkin, Chairman of FofHCS thanks all the ‘Friends’ and introduces our local VIP Jessie Rose
2. Natasha Wilding [Northern Rail Head of Stations] and Rory Alkin and Theo McLauchlin [Northern Rail Station Manager] present the local local primary schoolchildren at Norris Bank school with certificates and awards at Heaton Chapel Station
3. Certificates presented by Natasha Wilding, Head of Stations, Northern Rail entertained by the local Ukali Band
4. The local Lamplighters Ukulali Band entertain the audience at the launch of the Artwork Project.
5. Jessie Rose and local primary schoolchildren unveil the Heaton Chapel station 18m Artwork project down on platform 2.